Pre-Order – Delivery for Late October, 2020
In every MARAIS vase, the materials- colored glass, cork, and hardwood- combine to create an object that is both art sculpture and functional. Inspired by the natural beauty of the raw material, Abrantes designed each piece to speak for itself. We named the vases by inspiring women of our century.
Each vase is numbered and signed by the designer.
Approx Size: 3" dia x 6" h – 3" dia x 8" h
- Marsha Vase $175 size: 3.25” dia x 7.5” h Material: Walnut Hardwood, Natural Cork, and Copper Metalic Glass Inspired by Marsha P. Johnson, a gay and trans liberation activist. Known as an outspoken advocate for gay rights, Johnson was one of the prominent figures in the Stonewall uprising of 1969.
- Malala Vase $175 size: 3.25” dia x 7.5” h Material: Pink Marbled Cork & Cherry Hardwood, Bronze Metalic Glass Inspired Malala Yousafzai, a women’s rights activist who survived a gunshot wound to her face by the Taliban.
- Ruth Vase $190 size: 3.25” dia x 7.5” h Material: Black Marbled Cork & Maple Hardwood, Champagne Metalic Glass Inspired by Ruth Bader Ginsburg an American jurist who served as an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. She was an advocate of women's rights and voters rights.
- Michelle Vase $190 size: 3.5” dia x 7.5” h Material: Buckeye Burl & Charcoal Cork, Grey Smoke Glass Inspired by Michelle Obama, a role model for women across the world and an advocate for poverty awareness and education.
- Frida Vase $190 size: 3.5” dia x 7.5” h Material: Buckeye Burl & Charcoal Cork, Lilac Smoke Glass Inspired by Frida Kahlo, a Mexican painter, recognized as an icon for Chicanos, the feminism movement and the LGBTQ+ movement.
| Note that this item is made to order and takes 3 weeks until shipping |